Wednesday 16 May 2012

Oleg Dou

“I am looking for something bordering between the beautiful and the repulsive, living and dead. I want to attain the feeling of presence one can get when walking by a plastic manikin…” /O.Dou/


Struggling to find new research subject and listing names of photographers given me in college year ago…covering most main themes I went straight to portraiture photographers – typing each name to Google find out more. None wasn’t making much impression to me, till I typed name Oleg Dou…and find UNBELIEVABLE young and talented artist who`s mystical and disturbing works with powerful way grabed my attention.

Born in Russia -Moscow in 1983 he has always been interested in human individuality and self-expression. Inspired by culture of fashion and surrealists mainly shocked people trying combine reality with artificiality.

Creating different designs for many years he started photography in 2005. Many interviews given by him he not call himself as photographer, he more likely to be an artist who finding ways how to create digital design with his modern and stylish photo manipulations embracing a strange and new take on art.



As you can see Oleg Dou combines conventional photography with graphic rendering techniques. A lot of effort is put on the pictures to produce matching portraits of an unsettling nature -showing some sort of emotional sadness.

"I worked hard to create my own style and technique. The main tool is computer photo-manipulation and a mix of several photos. "Creation brings me enormous pleasure. I am stubborn, ambitious and optimistic by nature; I like being different — and my work, I hope, reflects these features of my character." /O.Dou/




Discovered in 2006 by Liza Fetissova, Oleg Dou is represented today by galleries in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Russia and United States. His worked has been published in a lot of international reviews. He is one of the most promising artists of his generation. In 2011, the Artprice company, leader of the information on art value, has graded Oleg Dou in the top 3 of the under 30 years old photographers the best saled in public auctions. One of his images will make the cover of an extensive “Frozen Dream, contemporary art from Russia" book, from TransGlobe Publishing and Thames & Hudson.

Oleg Dou was selected by Adobe to create a box cover for Photoshop CS6. Watch the story of awesome product meets outstanding Russian talent:





As an artist, the most important goal of Dou’s work is the experience that he wants to awake from his audience. 

I have same wish, but its still far to go.


I wish I have such a talent to do such a things, it’s hard to compare with any of my work even it is involves some digital manipulation. 

Taking pictures with Hasselblad, Oleg Dou working with latest versions of digital software’s and having a time of his life as a great, young artist.

 More from him you can find on some of my links.

 http://olegdou.com/
http://1347.portfolio.artlimited.net/ 
http://www.rtrgallery.com/html.php?lang=en&id=21 
http://colourandform.wordpress.com/2010/10/27/oleg-dou/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment