Thursday 21 June 2012

Evesdrop (Ghost Town) Theme II


A diorama is usually defined as a partially three-dimensional, full-size replica or scale model of a landscape typically showing historical events, nature scenes or cityscapes, for purposes of education or entertainment. Recently the art of photographing in miniature or dioramas has become very popular.

Since I was little I adore little train models and railways, always longing to have something like this myself, but it’s not only involves any financial aspects, but also time, witch not always is available. 

Thinking about my second theme, choosing some of the options I came across with my friend’s family house loft space, where miniature town was created already and was just asking for taking pictures. Little town was built by my friend’s father and took him over 30 years to complete the work, but there was everything: little shops, stations, trains, little people - waiting, working, driving, some sort of feel of frozen life.
 
All dusty and long forgotten little villages live they life away alone and I just couldn’t resist to such opportunity and I came back for more.

Taking loads of photographs was very hard to choose which one`s to use. I selected best of it. Nothing was rearranged - everything was captured as I founded, what makes its more likely to original.





 



















 



Photographing in miniature takes talent, time and willing to do so - much like painting or any other creative art. There is a great deal of thought and planning needed. Understanding the main view of a scene, depth, lighting, everything has to be detailed.

As it was mine first try in that sort of photography, perhaps it’s not look as fascinating as some of diorama photography master works. But doing my best I thought I achieve some reasonable result. I really hope you like my work.

Everyone can spend years in perfecting diorama or railroad layout - till the figures can finally look real and the buildings are correctly scaled and became realistic. The more practice the better photographs. Also research and look at other person photography work may help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment