Wednesday 15 February 2012

Presenting Photo Images

 Assignment 211

Theme I

As my photographs wasn't so good as I hoped it will be decided not to print them, but this time make something more interesting. There my thoughts went to make a slide show, with music in background, what will make my work look more impressive.

After a few trials with different software I`ll chose iMovie. iMovie is a proprietary video editing software application which allows Mac, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPad 2 users to edit their own home movies. Originally released by Apple in 1999.


IMovie imports video footage to the Mac using either the FireWire interface on most MiniDV format digital video cameras, - the user can edit the video clips, add titles, and add music. Effects include basic colour correction and video enhancement tools, and transitions such as fade-in, fade-out, and slides – what was my main subject.

With all others what I tried was always something…slow upload, slide changing to fast or too slow, problem with musical background etc.
With iMovie I get more results, as you saw earlier from my slides.

I’m really pleased with that and also was lucky to find the right music, what took me a while.

A Morning In Cornwall by Gheorghe Zamfir & James Last, what can be better than this. Relaxing beautiful sounds mixed up with my magic hour photographs.
 
It`s lots of different ways how you can present your images, from above mentioned slide shows to displays in the gallery, the most important thing you have to remember to choose right one. With my images being far from crisp, beautiful and commercial I had to think about other alternative ways to make them effective. My first that kind experiment succeeded and I hope you enjoy my work as well.

Theme II


London…all love to capture this magnificent city, one of the centres of the world where you can find objects for your photography on every corner and satisfy any taste for any kind.
Lots of times being London that city never stops impress me. Field in night photography I capture London in my way, a bit different from standard with little taste of my originality.
The best images were selected as final prints for calendar. As I don’t like repeat myself so I choose Calendar project to make my images not only as a prints but also as useful year guide.

Main order was placed in Boots on line printing service. Since last year they are pretty much improve themselves and quality of prints also as ability to upload and create was in the highest level. I had no problems at all except that probably the best way- if you ever decided to create a calendar - make sure that all images is one size – preferably landscape, to avoid disappointments as Boots and also all other firm site templates is structured and design with specific standard level.



 Conclusion

Talking more about presenting images, as I said before there are thousands ways how to do that, just important to choose the right one. 
In the end of the course I had a chance for first time exhibit my work to public. That give me very much satisfaction. All course students had that opportunity what is a great honour. 

 









For that occasion I choose my children’s photographs taking last year on holiday, visiting Latvia and Estonia. 
Converted in Black&White, works well, with added contrast from black and white frames.

Looking back of all my work I be honest I could do better, all in the end as a bit of rush, what didn’t work at it best. 
 
My fallowing projects will be more detailed and up to standards, as I’m heading for level 3 Diploma. I had lots of ideas and I hope I’ll get the best possible outcome.








No comments:

Post a Comment